Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are your products organic?
Yes, all of our products are organic and/or processed without any chemicals, fertilizers, pollutants, and GMOs.
2) Is sea moss gel vegan?
Yes, our sea moss gel is vegan and free from the top allergens.
3) How long is sea moss gel good for and do I have to refrigerate after opening?
Our sea moss gel is fresh for 6 weeks. The best by date is written on the label. The product should be refrigerated and remain refrigerated upon arrival. If product arrives warm please contact our customer support.
4) How much sea moss gel should I consume?
1 to 2 TBSPs is a perfect serving!
5) Do you ship internationally?
At this time we only ship within the United States. In the future we plan to expand internationally.
6) What is the difference between the purple & gold?
The purple sea moss gel is infused with organic elderberry, which has different phytonutrients, and is full of powerful antioxidants that reduce the oxidative stress in the body. The premium gold has the same amount of minerals and nutritional value as the purple, has different phytonutrients, and helps create better communication throughout the cells in the body.
7) Why is wild harvested better?
Wild harvested sea moss is grown in the ocean, whereas other sea moss is grown in a pool farm without the natural ecosystem. Sea moss develops in a specific way through its interaction with all the properties of the ocean it grows in. The rocks it grows on, the air, the sunshine, the amount of salt in the water, the movement of the water, and the other nutrients contained in the water all play a specific role in why wild harvested sea moss contains so many different benefits. Sea moss grown in the ocean contains more minerals and nutrients than the pool grown moss.
8) Are there any side effects?
If someone consumes more than 2TBSP daily they may be consuming too much iodine. Additionally, if they have an autoimmune thyroid condition like Hashimoto's they should talk to their doctor before using it.
9) Can it be frozen?
The gel can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze the sea moss for later use.
10) What are the benefits of sea moss gel?
- Digestive support: Sea moss is high in fiber and soothes inflamed tissues within the intestinal tract.
- Thyroid Health: Sea moss gel helps balance thyroid hormones and supports healthy thyroid function since it contains a great source of iodine.
- Sea moss is a prebiotic: A prebiotic is a type of dietary fiber that promotes the growth of probiotics (the healthy bacteria in our gut).
- High in minerals: Contains 92 out of the 102 essential minerals for the body. It contains folate, which is essential for prenatal health and development. It is high in iodine, which helps the thyroid run properly & make thyroid hormones.
- Immune Boosting: Sea moss is high in immune boosting nutrients like iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. The prebiotic effects can improve the gut micro biome and lead to heightened immunity. Sea moss contains anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.
- Skin Health: Sea moss gel contains magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and omega-3 fatty acids, which help to hydrate and promote healthy skin. The skin can absorb the vitamins and minerals. It is also antimicrobial and anti inflammatory, which means it can help with skin issues like acne. It can be used topically and internally. The mucilage properties of sea moss are excellent for strengthening connective tissues and supporting joint health.
The statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drugs Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.